Friday, April 14, 2006

Deer Park 1.5.0.1

Built the firefox 1.5.0.1 'Deer Park' on my linux box today. The thing built and works like a charm. The ui is cool and so are the plugins. The best features are the tabbed browsing, live bookmarks and search bar.
tabbed browing has in around in mozilla for a long time.
Live bookmarks is a nice feature to have. It gives me live feed of news articles coming from bbc in my bookmarks menu.
search bar is another useful feature. It lets me have direct access to search engines like google, yahoo. Sites like amazon, ebay and dictionaries like merriam webster. I can search on all these using the same browser window, with just a click.
So far I have already used the search bar at numerous instances and find it pretty useful.

Additionally, the browser is skinnable using themes. I am currently ifox theme based on ipod. Nice to see.

Any one reading this blog, is recommended to try out the latest firefox. I am sure the M$ browser doesn't even come closer.

2 comments:

Aniket Anikhindi said...

hee huh. M$ and browser? M$'s browser is an entire OS, it's that nasty. Let's stay content talking about Mozilla. The only other thing that comes close to Mozilla is it's previous version!

atoolg said...

That's precisely is the problem. I get an OS when i want a browser...
Perhaps M$ doesn't know what they mean by 'KISS'