Monday, May 15, 2006

Ma'am is no more

It was a lazy saturday morning as usual. The phone rang at about 8:30. It was Anand. He told me the news. Ma'am had expired on Thursday 11th May 2006. It came as a big shock to all of us. It had been a long time since I left college and ma'am's class, but I was in regular contact with her.

After Anand's call, a stream of thoughts went by me. Just a couple of weeks back I had talked to ma'am about lunch on the weekend so that we all could meet. She wanted to meet Shraddha. She had been to my wedding reception in February and I had been to her place personally before that to give her the wedding invitation. She was so happy for me. And then it was 2 weeks back that I talked to her. Who would have thought that this would be my last conversation with her.

Both me and Shraddha were sitting there in shock, not believing what we had just heard. Ma'am was no more.

She excelled at teaching. Math and Computers being her best. Me and many others are lucky to have studied with her. She taught us the database and the operating systems course and most importantly C in second year.

Still can't believe she is no more. She was just in her early forties and had so much to see.
May her soul rest in peace.

1 comment:

nkshirsa said...

which maam?