Monday, November 27, 2006

nikon d50

I got one from my trip to Boston last month. Fortunately, both the lenses : a Nikkor AF 28-80 and a Nikkor 50mm, from my bro's nikon n60 fit just fine on it. The d50 is a nice piece of hardware to have, albeit a bit expensive. But the kind of results you get make it all worthwhile.
On my way back from Boston, my flight got delayed by 2 hours. That translated into a missed connection to Mumbai. So they put me on a Swissair flight to Mumbai via Zurich. Zurich airport felt pretty small compared to Schipol, Amsterdam (b.t.w did i mention that the North-west flight to Boston really sucks big time ! You are stuck at Schipol for 8 hours flat and they don't give visa on arrival to Indians. There is so much to do in downtown Amsterdam you know...;-) At the end of it you start feeling like Tom Hanks in The Terminal...).
But I was in for a big surprise after we took of from Zurich. The Swiss Alps ! It was about 9:00 in the morning and the weather was perfect for giving the d50 a good exercise. Eventually, I clicked a lot of snaps during the rest of the flight.

The end result was this.














No comments: